Monday, September 28, 2015
Cooked toor daal - 1/2 bowl
Pineapple chopped - 1 bowl
Tomato chopped - 1
Garlic - 3 cloves
Black pepper - 4
Tamarind concentrate - 1 tbl spoon
Tadka - Oil, hing, mustard seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilies, turmeric powder, red chili powder
Dry roast cumin seeds and black pepper and grind.
In heated pan, make tadka, add garlic to it. Add tomatoes and pineapple and saute for 1 minute. Add cooked daal and tamarind concentrate to it. Add ground cumin seeds and black pepper. Add red chili powder and salt per your taste. Boil it a lot, till tomatoes and pineapple is soft.
Top if off with chopped coriander and grated coconut (optional).
Monday, August 31, 2015
5 cloves of garlic
small piece of ginger
Black pepper powder
Pav bhaji masala
Red chili powder
1 lb Chicken
Whole garam masala (1 Bay leaf, 2 Cardamom, 4 black pepper, 2 cloves, 1 stick cinnamon)
Dry red chilies
- Marinate chicken using ingredients mentioned above. (Around 10-12 hours)
- In a pan heat some oil, add ginger, garlic, chopped onion. Once onion is cooked add tomatoes. Once tomatoes are soft, add everything to blender and make a smooth gravy.
- In pan heat oil, add cumin seeds, hing, garam masala, dry red chilies and curry leaves. Add gravy. Once gravy is cooked add chicken and cover it. Add water based on consistency you need. Once chicken is almost cooked, add whisked yogurt and cook without lid until is fully done.
- Serve hot with rice.
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Below ingredients serves 4 to 5 people
2 tbl spoon - Ghee
1 bowl - Milk or 1/4 bowl - Cream (add more per your taste)
1 bowl - Green peas
1.5 lb - Paneer (around 1/2 box of 2.5 lb Gopi paneer)
2 tbl spoon - Kasoori methi
Whole garam masala (1 Bay leaf, 2 Cardamom, 4 black pepper, 2 cloves)
1/2 tbl spoon - Garam masala powder
1 big onion chopped
1 small tomato chopped
1 green chili chopped
8 to 10 Cashews
1 tbl spoon Poppy seeds
4 cloves of Garlic
Small piece of Ginger
- For gravy - In a pan add 1 tbl spoon ghee, add ginger, garlic, chili and onion. Once onion is cooked add tomatoes. Blend above with cashews and poppy seeds.
- In the pan, add remaining ghee, add whole garam masala, add gravy and salt to it. Once gravy is cooked, add milk or cream. Let it cook for some more time. Add green peas and paneer. Add kasoori methi and sprinkle garam masala in the end and cook for 10 to 15 mins. I added little bit of sugar and red chili powder as well.
Monday, July 20, 2015
Saturday, January 10, 2015
1 box of mushroom
- After washing the mushrooms, remove the stems, chop them very finely. Heat the oil, add green peas and chopped stems, then add salt, garlic powder and chili flakes per taste. Once stems are cooked, turn off the heat and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven at 350F for 10 minutes. In baking tray, arrange mushrooms, fill up each muhroom with the stuffing and top it off with mozzarella.
- Bake them for about 15 to 20 minute until the cheese melts.
Saturday, October 18, 2014
- Chopped ginger (About 50 gm)
- Garlic (2 cloves)
- Tamarind concentrate (per taste)
- Jaggery (per taste)
- Red Chili powder (per taste)
- Salt (per taste)
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Curry leaves
- Urad daal
- Dry red chilies
- Chopped garlic
- Pinch of turmeric
- Fenugreek seeds
- In little quantity of oil saute chopped ginger, let it cool down.
- In tamarind concentrate add jaggery, ginger, salt, red chili powder and 2 cloves of garlic and blend it in smooth paste. If needed add very little bit of water.
- for tadka add the ingredients in this order - oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped garlic, urad daal, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves, dry red chilies, asafoetida and turmeric.
- Add tadka on above paste.