Rosemary Olive Oil Truffles
1 and 1/2 pound of bittersweet chocolate
1 and 1/4 cup of heavy cream
1 branch of rosemary herb
1/4 tsp of rosemary olive oil
1. Boil heavy cream and rosemary branch together into a vessel until it starts to make bubbles. 2. Remove the vessel and let it cool down for 3 to 5 minutes.
3. Remove the rosemary branch and put the vessel to boil point again.
4. After that remove from heat and pour 1 pound of chocolate into it, mix it well, there should not any lumps.
5. When chocolate cools down put 1/4 tsp of rosemary olive oil into it and mix it well.
6. Put the mixture into a separate bowl and cover it with plastic food wrap, with out leaving any air in the bowl.(Mixture touching plastic wrap)
7. Refrigerate for 4 hours. After that with measuring spoon grab chocolate and start making little balls to form truffles.
8. Take remaining chocolate and heat it, so that it will melt and we will have a smooth paste. Let it cool down for some time. Now dip the truffles in this semi-hot chocolate.
9. Let these chocolate dipped truffles cool down at room temperature.
Modify this recipe to make truffles of different flavors. e.g rum raisin, honey etc
Chocolate dipped truffles (after step 8 and before step 9) can be sprinkled with pistachio powder, dry coconut etc to bring add flavor.